Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I have no interest in this post

The DaVinci Code -- a movie everybody except me wants to see, based on a book everybody except me has read. I feel so left out; it's like high school all over again.

But honestly, that description would fit just as well for any of the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter movies, except that the media isn't warming up to "Tomas" Hanks and his new hairdo like they did Elijah Wood or that goofy British kid with the glasses. The 1st review even says that the audience "burst out laughing" at the film's most climactic scene -- though I have no knowledge of/interest in the book/movie, I'm fairly certain it's not intended to be a comedy. My take on this whole thing -- if you must spend X-amount of dollars on a movie (they vary by region, but whatever it is for you, it's probably overpriced), go check to see if your local megacinemaplexthing is still playing Thank You For Smoking and see that instead. Or just wait for Snakes On A Plane starring the one-and-only Samuel L. Jackson.


"I've had it with these snakes."