Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is your computer 'puting?

My new favorite NCAA basketball player (not that I had a particular favorite prior to now) is Spencer Hawes from the University of Washington. Not because he's a near-7-foot-tall freshman leading his team in scoring and with potential to become a quality NBA player -- lord knows I've put my faith in many a promising white dude in the past and have come out of it feeling shamed. Truth be told, while I don't wish any ill will on Hawes, I don't really care whether or not he amounts to anything in the pros. All I have to say about him is that I have the utmost respect for someone who wakes up in the morning and says to himself, "Hmmm, SportsIllustrated.com is coming over to takes pictures of my student apartment, I wonder what t-shirt I should wear?"... and then makes this decision.